The Roberts family moved to Littlecote in 1936. Unaltered since then apart from small extensions to rear of kitchen and replacement of slatted timber shed with double garage. Both now need renewing!
Earliest records are of 1¼ acre grazing plot enclosed and tenanted by Carew Sanders in 1828.
In 1854 land was passed between:-
Jane Sanders, widow of The Star, Thomas Sanders, Blacksmith, Peel St. Brighton and John Sanders, Miller, Hedgecourt Mill (and Tilkhurst farm), William Sanders, Bletchingly, Grocer and Draper.
In 1862, John Sanders sold to George Gatty.
1911 A. L. & C. L. Sayer passed ownership to Emma Harvey and East Grinstead Estate company
1913 S.E. West and her husband Samuel Joseph West of Invicta Lodge, Felbridge borrowed £500 for pair of houses but were reposessed one year later by E.G. Estate company
1918 Grace Chitty Cobb bought the one house then name Lydd, she sold in 1920 to Eliza Frances Byerley Parkes (spinster), property was then called Goodrest.
It then passed to Public Trustee, and was bought in 1932, by E.E. Briscoe, Isle of Wight, then named Littlecote, he was an artist and illustrator.
Sold in 1936 to Douglas Roberts